Herb Crusted Roast Beef is a flavorful and delicious meal for any night of the week. Made with a chuck roast, rump roast or sirloin roast and a simple blend of herbs and seasonings. Cook this easy recipe on the grill or in the oven.
Herb Crusted Roast Beef
Roast beef doesnt have to be boring, dry and tasteless. You will love this simple herb rub on a beef roast for a flavorful dinner that will have you coming back for second helpings.
Just take me to the recipe!Scroll on down to the very bottom for the complete printable recipe. or read on for the step by step photos and directions.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking toAmazon.comand affiliated sites.
How to Make Herb Crusted Roast Beef:
- Set roast out on counter for 2 hours before cooking.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix herb rub together in a bowl: onion flakes, Italian seasonings, garlic, kosher salt and dry mustard.
- Rub herb mixture into meat on all sides.
- For Grilling: Prepare grill to a 300 fire.
- Place roast over flame and sear on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Move roast to indirect heat and cook about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 135 to 140.
- Remove from grill and place on a cutting board and tent with foil for 20 minutes before slicing.
- For Oven Roasting: Preheat oven to 375.
- Place a roasting rack in a roasting pan a wire rack on a cookie sheet will work also if you dont have a roasting pan.
- Cook roast for about 20 minutes or until it starts to brown. Reduce temperature to 300 and continue to cook about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 135 to 140.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for 20 minutes before slicing.
Roasts are often different sizes, you may need to adjust your cooking time. A long, narrow roast will cook faster, while a thick and wide roast will need a little more cooking time. Just keep an eye on the internal temperature with a digital thermometer.
Roast beef is one of my favorites to make for any night of the week. We also like to cook them on the weekend and have delicious leftovers for the week. There are so many great options for leftover roast beef.
Made with our homemade Beef Rub for a super simple and delicious dinner that everyone can agree on.
Chuck roast with a garlic dry rub that is packed with flavor. Thinly sliced and piled high on a toasted bun. Spread with a homemade Vidalia Onion Spread.
If you are a fan of the Arby's drive-thru, you are going to love this homemade version!
A hearty casserole made with leftover roast beef. Layers of cheesy Italian pasta make this a tasty dish for any night of the week.
This is a delicious slow cooked pot roast that turns out tender and delicious every time.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipeas much as I do, please leave a comment anda five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 3-4 pound chuck roast or rump roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Allow roast to come to room temperature on counter for 2 hours before cooking.
- Rub olive oil over all sides of roast.
- Mix together dry onion flakes, Italian seasonings, garlic, kosher salt and dry mustard in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle rub over all sides of meat, pressing into roast beef.
- Grilling Method: Prepare grill to a 300 fire.
- Set roast over fire and sear on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Using a spatula, set roast over indirect heat and cook about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 135 to 140.
- Remove from to a cutting board, Tent with foil. Rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Oven Method: Preheat oven to 375.
- Place roast into a roasting pan with a rack or use a wire cooling rack on a cookie sheet.
- Brown roast for about 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 300 and cook about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 135 to 140.
- Cover cooked roast with foil and rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 617 Total Fat: 41g Saturated Fat: 16g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 197mg Sodium: 706mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 59g